Cybersecurity Fundamentals for Finance and Accounting Professionals Certificate
Welcome to Cybersecurity Certificates
No front page content has been created yet.
About the Cybersecurity Certificates
Breaking news stories about malware attacks, phishing scams, system hacks and identity theft have become commonplace in today’s headlines. Cybersecurity threats are escalating, unnerving the boards of directors, managers, investors and other stakeholders of public and private organizations of all size. These organizations are under increasing pressure to demonstrate that they are managing threats, and that they have effective processes and controls in place to detect, respond to, mitigate and recover from security incidences that:
- could disrupt their businesses,
- result in financial losses,
- and destroy their reputations.
Why earn a cybersecurity certificate?
Earning a cybersecurity certificate provides finance and accounting professionals with the knowledge needed to be a strategic business partner within their organization and with clients. You will:
- develop fluency in cybersecurity,
- learn to help clients navigate threats and
- use the AICPA’s new cybersecurity risk management reporting framework.
Who should earn a cybersecurity certificate?
The need for cybersecurity knowledge is no longer the sole responsibility of IT professionals. Global finance and accounting professionals in business and industry and public practice all have unique and vital roles.
- Public accounting professionals are the trusted business advisors to organizations of all sizes, educating clients on an array of risks and also providing advisory and attestation services.
- Management and public accountants can advocate the need for effective cybersecurity risk management within their own organizations; and play key role in adopting policies and controls to prepare, manage, and recover from a cyber-attack.
Browse this site to learn more about the cybersecurity certificate programs and digital badges.